Follow Dep Lifestyle Magazine:
Enjoy 4 days of the decadent in food and wine with an epic epicurean
event, Pebble Beach Food and Wine. One of the country’s premier destinations, bringing together the world’s most revered culinary
talent for 3 nights and 4 days of epicurean excellence. Attendees are invited to explore the three world-class resorts including The Inn at Spanish Bay, Lodge at Pebble Beach, and Casa Palmero, where more than 100 renowned chefs and 250 distinguished wineries come together to showcase a dynamic weekend of exceptional lunches, dinners, cooking demos, chef collaborations, and experience the amazing Grand Tastings, featuring the industry’s leading experts and most coveted restaurants in the world. Participants include
nationally and internationally acclaimed chefs such as Daniel Boulud, Gavin Kaysen, Stephanie Prida, Bryce Shuman, Philip Tessier, Dave Beran, Jérôme Bocuse, Mathew Peters and Joshua Skenes, will showcase the skills that place them among the world’s very best.
Highlights from the ninth annual Pebble Beach Food & Wine:
Lunches & Dinners:
- Christopher Kostow & Nathaniel Dorn – The New Napa Experience: Chef Christopher Kostow‘s three Michelin stars at the Restaurant at Meadowood require a discipline of technique and talent. This year at Pebble Beach, Kostow and business partner Nathaniel Dorn will relax a bit as they début the family-style cuisine that epitomizes the “New Napa Experience.” Kostow and Dorn’s event will offer guests a sneak peek taste of their upcoming new restaurant in St. Helena, offering guests another “only at Pebble Beach” dining experience
Date: Saturday, April 2, 2016 from 6:30p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- South Australia – The Epicurean Way: Welcome to South Australia: our sunburnt land of wide blue skies and ochre desert sands, of vineyard-laden hills and clear ocean waters. Take a culinary adventure where the produce is real and the wines are robust and unique. Join Tasting Australia Creative Director Chef Simon Bryant and Barossa Chef Lachlan Colwill on an epicurean journey through some of Australia’s most iconic food and wine regions. Travel through South Australia via Kangaroo Island’s pristine beauty, stunning coastline, and world-renowned vineyards. U.S. chefs Michel Nischan and Bruce Kalman will join Simon and Lachlan to guide you through the flavors of South Australia.
Date: Friday, April 1, 2016 from 6:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Booze & Bites Lunch at Restaurant 1833: Pebble Beach Food & Wine is very proud to host San Francisco’s most amazing culinary couple for the annual lunch at Restaurant 1833. Chefs Stuart Brioza and Nicole Krasinsky of State Bird Provisions and The Progress have re-invigorated the Bay Area dining scene with what many consider to be the two of San Francisco’s best restaurant additions in decades. They’ll join Restaurant 1833 Executive Chef Jason Franey to create an extraordinary lunch, available “only at Pebble Beach.”
Date: Friday, April 1, 2016 from 12:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Women and Wine: Master Class: In the words of acclaimed singer James Brown, “This is a man’s world, but it wouldn’t be nothing, nothing without a woman or a girl.” Historically speaking, the wine industry has been heavily dominated by males, but at the end of the day, are women intuitively and biologically better tasters of wine? This unique seminar allows guests to explore the world of wine through a female’s perspective with moderator Christie Dufault, Culinary Institute of America’s Associate Professor and all female Master Sommeliers Gillian Balance, June Rodil and Emily Wines. Taste through a flight of wines together while discussing the intersection of physiology, psychology and gender.
Date: Saturday, April 2, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- Big Bottles Bubbles Seminar: Ever wonder why certain wines are bottled in larger formats than the traditional 750 mL? Did you know that the average glassblower’s lung capacity was between 700 – 800 mL of air, such that the volume gradually standardized? Many winemakers and sommeliers nevertheless feel that the 1.5 L size bottle is preferable for ageing. Can you tell the difference in the glass? Join the fun exploration of comparative tasting while addressing the the age old question, “Does size matter?”
Date: Sunday, April 3, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- Champagne Bollinger: A Living Heritage: Drunk by James Bond and beloved by connoisseurs the world around, Champagne Bollinger is synonymous with luxury. It is also the only Champagne house to receive the prestigious “Enterprise du Patrimoine Vivant” award, the French government’s highest award given to businesses. Bollinger is France, a living heritage, and Pebble Beach Food & Wine is thrilled to host an unparalleled retrospective tasting of their top cuvée, “Grande Année.”
Date: Sunday, April 3, 2016 from 10:00 a.m – 11:15 a.m.
- Cat Cora’s “World Tour”: It’s no surprise that Cat Cora has become a world renowned chef. In 2005, she made television history on Food Network’s “Iron Chef America” as the first and only female Iron Chef, and in November 2006 Bon Appétit Magazine bestowed her with their “Teacher of the Year Award,” an honor she calls, “the greatest recognition she could achieve as a chef.” That same month, she was also bestowed with another great culinary distinction when she was named Executive Chef of Bon Appétit. Since then, Cora has continued to evolve her craft, becoming an accomplished author, restaurateur, contributing editor, philanthropist, and television host.
Date: Saturday, April 2, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- The Culinary Olympics at Pebble Beach IX: The Ment’Or Cooking Demo & Dinner: Dubbed the “Culinary Olympics,” the Bocuse d’Or is the culinary arts’ most respected international cooking competition, one in which the world’s best converge on Lyon, France for a marathon five and a half hour chef extravaganza in front of thousands of cheering fans. At this year’s Pebble Beach Food & Wine, the United States representatives from Chef Bocuse’s premier culinary event, including Daniel Boulud, Gavin Kaysen, Stephanie Prida, Bryce Shuman, Philip Tessier, Dave Beran, Jérôme Bocuse, Mathew Peters and Joshua Skenes, will showcase the skills that place them among the world’s very best.
The 9th Annual Pebble Beach Food & Wine kicks off on Thursday MAR 31 at 6 PM at the famous Inn at Spanish Bay for a night of unbridled indulgence. The Opening Night Reception features delicious bites from from 23 top chefs and tasting of over 200 domestic and international wines
Get your ticket now!
With 22 dedicated wine seminars over the course of the weekend, Pebble Beach Food and Wine is the perfect place for the true wine connoisseur. Whether you prefer to compare a broad spectrum of wines within a certain varietal, discover the diverse range of wines that one winery can produce, or taste how different the same wine from the same vineyard can be depending on the vintage, Pebble Beach Food and Wine offers the experience you’re looking for. Whatever tasting you visit, you’re assured to be trying the finest wines the world has to offer. A few events with tickets are still available: Get your ticket here!
At Pebble Beach Food & Wine, the partying continues for our select group of celebrity chefs, winemakers, sommeliers and industry influencers who dance quite literally until dawn.
Three total weekend packages are available. Tickets can be purchased at: Pebble Beach Food and Wine website.
I’m so looking forward to support this great cause epicurean event, as well as meeting these chefs, and industry influencers. There’s so much to learn, to explore, and to be inspired.
Don’t forget to harshtag us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook #PBFW @PBFW @DiningOutVegas @DepLifestyleMag and @1MandaBear.
Pebble Beach Food & Wine Hotels
Many of the motels and hotels at Pebble Beach are within walking distance or just 10, 15 minutes drive to the Pebble Beach Food & Wine events. Nearby options, search in Carmel-by-the-Sea, Pacific Grove and Monterey also provide easy access to the event with shuttles daily by half an hour or an hour, please check www.PBFW.com website for details. To check for hotels availability here Travelocity.com/Hotels
Pebble Beach Food & Wine:
Website | Facebook.com | Twitter.com | Instagram